Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Top 10


2013 is now behind us.  Here is a listing of the top ten most viewed posts of 2013 on An Arkies Musings.  It is always interesting to me to see what topics other people are interested in.

The most viewed post of the year is my post on Duck Dynasty from February 5th 2013.  I'm sure the Phil Robertson controversy had a lot to do with it's Number 1 position.  You can read the post here. 



The number two post of the year was titled Happy Holidays.  Although the post didn't address the term Happy Holidays, I wonder what drove the traffic to the post.  Probably the cute photo of me as a child.  :)  You can read the post here.



Number three for the year was a post on 9/11 that told the story of a 9/11 massacre that happened in 1857, not 2001.  You can read the post here. 



The number four post wasn't written by me. When a friend of mine, Maurine Burden, passed away this story was found in her possessions. It was read at her memorial service. It made such an impact on me that I shared it with my readers.  You can read it here.



As Easter was approaching I wrote the fifth most popular post of the year.  I titled it What Did Jesus Do?  You can read it here.



Each week I participate in the ABC Wednesday Meme.  Those of us who participate write about something that starts with a designated letter each week.  The number 6 post of the year was written for the letter "E".  E is for Empathy.  You can read it here.



Number 7 was a post titled, "All You Need Is Love".  Did The Beatles have it right?  Read the post here.



This spring my granddaughters participated in a cardboard boat race. They had to construct a boat from nothing but cardboard, duct tape and paint. It was amazing how seaworthy the boats were. The boat race provided the topic for the number eight post of the year.  You can read it here.



The 9th most popular post of the year highlighted the organization ADRA.  ADRA stands for Adventist Development and Relief Agency. It is a charity that I support on a regular basis.  You can read the post here. 



In March, my wife and I attended the Jonquil Festival at Historic Washington State Park.  The number ten post was a photo essay of the event.  You can see the photos here.



Just because I can, here is a special bonus.  It wasn't one of the top ten most visited posts of the year, but it was my favorite.  You can see my favorite post here.

I can't wait to see what adventures and experiences 2014 will bring.  I wonder what the top ten posts of 2014 will be.




12 comments:

  1. You did a great job with your Top 10 ! I sometimes wonder why I get a lot of comments on a post I don't find really interesting and then on others which I just made to publish something I get a lot. Strange, lol !

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is always nice to take some time and "do the sums" for the year :-)
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your choice if number images! ;-)
    I have no idea how you figure out which where the most visited posts, but yours is a great collection.

    Happy New Year,
    Merisi

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea to recap your top 10! I'll have to check out the others. I hope you have a very happy and healthy 2014! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like what you did with your year in review with top 10 posts. love that idea. thanks for visiting my blog. Wish you a wonderful 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wish you and yours a brilliant 2014!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nicely listed.
    Wish you Happy and Prosperous New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Richard for your visits and comments. I wish you and your family a healthy and happy new year. I am still in Oz. I'll be back by the end of January.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very happy new year to you and all your loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing your "top 10,"Richies. I'm happy to have taken the time to read them all. Well done, every one. I realize that I've missed a great deal by not visiting your site on a regular basis. I plan to remedy that situation in 2014.

    Happy New Year to you and Gina!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I shall enjoy reading these Top 10 postings when I come back. I have a hubby who is asking when we are going out today so I had better get off here now ;) Happy New year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a great reflection on how your blog affected others. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete